My photo
CT, United States
Cell: 203-570-7480 Email: juneflower7@gmail.com Website: www.lauradonofrio.com

Prints Available On Etsy!

Followers

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Happy Birthday!!

Happy birthday to my beautiful Megan Greenleaf, who just turned 3!


This is my first mural, and it was SO HARD to do! With my pregnant belly, standing on a stool all day, annoying acrylic drying too fast, blood draining from my arms, it was a time of reflecting how much more I really enjoy painting with watercolors sitting down with a table in front of me.

Aside from the complaining, the "Sea Maiden" looks pretty good, I sketched it all myself. The tail reminds me of an Arum Lilly. It's even better in person but I just couldn't seem to get a clear enough photo.

The mural is up in Megan's grandparent's "baby room," where a mural for each of their grand kids will be made.

No comments: