My photo
CT, United States
Cell: 203-570-7480 Email: juneflower7@gmail.com Website: www.lauradonofrio.com

Prints Available On Etsy!

Followers

Monday, January 21, 2008

Lilly Pulitzer Commission

How bout it? My first real commission! My friend Suzanne asked me to do some sketches for her interview with a fashion company named Lilly Pulitzer. I was asked to sketch a car and its interior, and some rings, all having a Lilly Pulitzer design and/or logo on it, or in the words of Suzanne "to make it look Lillified." You can check out the posh fashion at: http://www.lillypulitzer.com/ I never considered my rendering skills would actually be put to use (I'm a painter not a sketcher), but nevertheless I did take drawing classes, didn't I? I knew how to make sketches, no problem. The trickiest part was I basically had to create them all in one day. 12.5 hours later, I was able to complete my assignment. I wish I had more time to make the lines darker, but for a 24 hour day it wasn't possible. Thankfully what I had done happened to be just perfect for Suzanne. I feel my work is truly satisfying when the consumer loves the completed product. Seeing her happy made all my efforts worth every minute. I realize my photographs of the sketches aren't very clear because they were sketches and I didn't use great lighting, but hopefully you'll be able to see them. I tried brightening the image on the computer so you can see it better....but as some of you know, the computer is definitely not a strength of mine. I'm a fine artist, not a graphic designer! haha!





At the moment I'm working on a piece that involves my niece, Grace, who is 6. I've always wanted to paint portraits of little kids, so this is a chance to test my skills I had received from college. Besides, both Grace and I are pretty excited about her being my muse. ^_^. Stay tuned for that painting, I'm hoping it will turn out as beautiful as I envision it! Hope you are doing well!
Sincerely,
Laura D'Onofrio

No comments: