My photo
CT, United States
Cell: 203-570-7480 Email: juneflower7@gmail.com Website: www.lauradonofrio.com

Prints Available On Etsy!

Followers

Thursday, September 13, 2007

March 7, 2007 - Autumn in Idaho, Thatched Roof

Hi Everyone,

I know it's been a while, but I just wanted to tell you all that I've been working on! Recently I have been feeling a little bit more confident with oil paints, so now I can show you my most recent work. I am currently in an Oil Painting 2 class, and the last painting we had done was a traditional landscape. I wanted to show you this picture because it was the very first painting I ever did and had my teacher actually tell me he likes it! I received my first A- ever in the seven months I've been with him. (I feel this is an accomplishment!). So I would like to show you my A- painting, my very first oil painting you will see from me (and hopefully they will only get better and not worse!). It's called "Autumn in Idaho," and you can check it out here: 


at this moment I am currently working on my first impressionistic painting, consisting of mailboxes. When I have that completed I will be happy to show you - I'm excited about it already! The next painting I wanted to show you though is a watercolor I actually did a couple of months back for a woman who owns a bridal shop. She was interested in my work, so I found a wedding picture in a magazine and painted it. Have any of you seen this advertisement?


If any of you have a marriage planning in your lives, or are attending one for someone special, I think a watercolor portrait will be a wonderful gift to give. Just email me and let me know! This last one was just a study preparing me for my big impressionistic painting, but I figured I'd show you anyway. Nothing special, but I really kind of like it because it has this England feel to it:





That's all I've got for today, I have to rush to class now because I'm already late! But I love you all, and can't wait to show you more that I complete!



Laura

No comments: