My photo
CT, United States
Cell: 203-570-7480 Email: juneflower7@gmail.com Website: www.lauradonofrio.com

Prints Available On Etsy!

Followers

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

June 11, 2006- Little Pretender

K guys, you thought that the little bird drinking some water was cool. that was just two colors. My next project was a silhouette, and I didn't want to paint a picture of someone else's photograph this time. So I doodled on my watercolor paper, and made this. I painted it in, the stars I used rubber cement, painted over it and then peeled it off...it didn't work as well as I had hoped, but I heard of this stuff called misket which is something used specifically for watercolor, which works a little nicer. Anyway, I personally like it. I don't think it will ever be finished as most artists do - you always see something that could be changed for the better. I also figured out that this picture is not the way watercolor should be used. I did it all too controlled, and watercolor is meant to be a little loose, else do oil painting. So I know come monday when we all critique our work, people are definately going to speak up about how too controlled this piece is. Other than that.....hope I wow you guys on this one!!

Laura

No comments: